Freelance Technical Writer (toronto downtown)
compensation: $25.00/hour approximately 5-20 hours per week
The Technical Writer will:
• Interview and collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to capture processes and procedures, and create content for end-user and technical guides and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Create and maintain templates using MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Review software development documents (such as requirements and functional specifications) for document maintenance and development impact.
• Perform research, writing, production and maintenance of software user manuals, procedural guides, administration guides, installation and configuration guides, release notes, courseware, Help Systems and customized documentation.
• Proofread and edit documentation written by various project team members to ensure proper usage of grammar, punctuation, spelling, styles and formatting.
• Work with technical staff to ensure technical reviews of documents are conducted properly and on time.
• Maintain industry/technical knowledge base and facilitate/maintain industry relationships.
• Demonstrate commitment to providing customer-focused quality service.
• Perform other relevant duties based upon request.
• BS/BA in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience, with 3+ years of experience writing software documentation for a non-technical or technical audiences.
• Experience writing SaaS and server technology documentation.
• Ability to organize information, learn complex concepts, and explain concepts and instructions clearly and concisely.
• Must be flexible and enjoy working with new technology in a fast-paced environment.
• Understanding of structured, task-based writing is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux is a plus.
• Knowledge of HTML, XML is a plus.
• Knowledge of video creation and production a plus.
**** Please apply online: www.smartsimple.com
**** Please provide a writing sample along with your cover letter and resume
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers